The Monday before I went to the doctor's appointment and found out I was 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I wasn't really ready to have Logan so soon since he was going to be early (his due date was April 18th). My doctor thought in the next week or two I would have him.
On the 25th, Thursday morning, I had some lower back pain and since my doctor's appointment I was already on edge. I had called the nurse already that morning for a question and after lunch called again to tell a nurse about my back pain. She said I should be okay, but if anything changes I should call back. I called my boss to tell her that I was finished for the day and couldn't do any more work since I wasn't feeling too well. Matt left for work and I laid down to take a nap. After a little while I was feeling some pressure in my lower back and some cramping. I called my mother-in-law to ask her about it. She told me to call the doctor (so I called and talked to a nurse). Since this was my third time calling, she told me to come in to check me out. My mother-in-law picked me up and I took my packed bags (just in case). Once I got the doctor's office around 4:30 p.m. and I was told that I was already 4 cm dilated and my water was about to break and she said that I would have this baby sometime before midnight. What a shock to me - I was caught off guard. I then called Matt to tell him to come to the hospital since I was in labor. I also called my family to let them know what was happening.
For the next few hours all I had was just pressure in my lower back and I did get sick several times throughout the labor. Toward the end it got more uncomfortable, but I was never in too much pain. It was hard at the very end since we had to wait for the doctor to show up so they didn't want me pushing. They had to give me something to slow down my labor since everything was happening way to fast and the doctor wasn't even there. Once she got there, I was able to start pushing. After 9 minutes of pushing, Logan Andrew was born at 7:29 p.m. Matt was with me the whole time and got to witness his son being born. Logan was 6 lbs 2 oz and 18 in long.
God is so good! Logan was healthy and I did great!



No comments:
Post a Comment