
Matt and I were able to go to Colorado to visit my family. This was one of the best vacations we have taken in awhile (okay so we really haven't had a good vacation for about a year and half) except when we we to Kentucky to visit my Uncle and the family. But the vacation was so relaxing and peaceful. We were able to be there for the 4th of July (we drove in on Saturday afternoon). The drive was fun and enjoyable. Even though we were in the car for about 16 hours total I enjoyed driving and just spending time together. On Monday we took my brothers hiking. We had so much fun spending the day with them hiking up in Boulder and climbing rocks.

We were also able to visit my Grandma and visit Matt's grandparents. Also we were able to get together for some lunch with some good friends, Scott and Sheri and their cute little girl. I also was able to make dinner for my family on Monday and Tuesday night which was actually a treat for my Mom so she had two nights off from cooking. On Friday morning (early) we headed up to South Dakota. Once we got up there and found the campsite (which took awhile driving around and around), but I believe we found one of the best campsites b/c we were only about 10 minutes away from Mount Rushmore we spent the rest of the day into evening on Friday just enjoying Mount Rushmore.

No comments:
Post a Comment